Friday, February 22, 2008

Cool Sites - Huffington Post Donation Tracker

I can only spare a quick update today, but I think it's a pretty good one. As I was bouncing around the blogs last night, I discovered this interesting feature over at the Huffington Post. They call it Fundrace 2008, and it's a fascinating look at fundraising.

Using FEC records from the past two Presidential election cycles, the people at the Post have mapped out personal donations across the country. So, if you've ever been curious about how much your favorite celebrities (Paul Simon: $4,600 to Chris Dodd for 2008) or even your neighbors (a lady in my parents' neighborhood: $2,000 to Bob Graham for 2004) have donated to political candidates, this is the place to go.

Play around a little. It's a pretty intuitive site. My only complaints could be remedied by a broadening of scope, but I don't consider that a bad sign.

No comments: